Old October 17th 11, 06:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

Default SZD-48-2 Jantar main tyre

It is the 350x135, originally Barum, now Mitas makes this size
I also have an alternative 350x135 tire and somewhat lower cost
please see my website page http://www.wingsandwheels.com/page33.htm for
descriptions
all of these are of course in stock if you'd like to order one
best regards
Tim Mara
Please visit the Wings & Wheels website at www.wingsandwheels.com

"at" "johnorto(at)gmail.com" wrote in message
Can anyone please tell me the original tyre designation for a Jantar Std 2
(SZD-48-2). I don't have ready access to the manuals at the moment.

I think it was 350x135 like the original Blanik one.

I know most of them have been replaced with 5.00x5 tyres and that they
usually rub on the undercarriage legs.

Regards,
John Orton

signature database 6551 (20111017) __________