Old May 31st 05, 02:49 PM
Sport Pilot

Denny wrote:
Jim,
Those recommendations are based on the alcohol being wood alcohol -
METHANOL (highly corrosive to brass, rubber, cork, etc.)... Where the
alky is ETHANOL (corn whiskey) you can be more relaxed about alky
remaining in the tank even at the 5% level... So, while your
assumption that if you dilute sufficiently you can leave it is right
on, you will have a bigger margin of safety if you can find ethanol
based gasahol...

denny - in Michigan where we can get alky free mogas...

First off, methanol is not corrosive to brass. Second I do not think
there is much differance between ethanol and methanol as for as
corrosive effects on synthetic rubber. Third, the alcohol in mogas is
a lot less corrosive to rubber than the toulene in 100LL. Any plastic
floats left out there?