Old February 17th 09, 08:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
jan olieslagers[_2_]

Default Harry (finally) lights the torch! ...and etches some zinc offtoo!

Dan schreef:
Now come a few more rites of passage, in no particular order:

1: igniting a rag that wasn't there when you lit the torch
2: removing your glove and touching your work before it cools
3: cutting a hunk of metal and having it land on your foot
4: finding out why long sleeves are highly recommended as is a
closed collar
5: discovering how easy it is to burn a hole in that piece that took
hours to prepare
6: having once cylinder go empty just before you complete the work
7: etc

Help help help! Even disregarding the elusive vocabulary of a certain
guru, it is most obvious welding will NEVER be my cup of tea. All of the
above pitfalls were clear to me with only a hacksaw, a screwdriver and a
broom in my "workshop"; actually I am beginning to wonder what keeps me
lurking around here. Sigh.