Old July 4th 10, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Berry[_2_]

Default IGC file viewer for Mac OS X - GammaFV

In article ,
(Richard Lancaster) wrote:

I've just uploaded a very simple IGC file viewer application for Mac OS X
to:

http://www.carrotworks.com/

It has exactly three features:

1. It's a native Mac OS X app that should work on Tiger, Leopard and Snow
Leopard on both PPC and Intel architectures.

2. It plots the geographic trace of a flight onto a map.

3. It doesn't cost any money.

It's very much a work in progress, so don't expect it to be able to plot
climb rates, altitude data, tasks or airspace because at the moment it
doesn't.

Regards,

Richard

Very nice, Richard! Hope you will continue to develop it. The only other
mac native IGC viewer that I know of is "FlightTrack". I use it often to
take a quick look at my flights.

For the occasional detailed analysis of a flight, I use SeeYou running
in Parallels.

There is one other cross-platform flight analysis program that I have
used, but it does not seem very user friendly to me. ICGView or
something like that.