Old May 11th 20, 01:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Fatal Towplane Accident 5-9-20

On Sunday, May 10, 2020 at 9:13:53 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Aside from eliminating human reaction time with an elevator at stop triggering an instant tow release, I'm not sure how to fix low level kiting at the tow. That would cause more problems.

In my opinion, it should be required for the towpilot to be able to keep his hand on the release for the first 500ft. In Pawnees, this can be done, with wrist also lying on the throttle to ensure it stays full forward.