Old May 16th 20, 12:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Fatal Towplane Accident 5-9-20

Pete, If creating an automated system is the way to prevent accidents, why not go all the way, just fly Condor, that way theres no accident......The creation of an automated system for release is not the solution! It in fact, builds complexity into the system and thus additional opportunity for **** to go wrong.

Others have said it well here, its proper training and not being an idiot in the cockpit that is the solution, not some over engineered apparatus that will never get approved.

The very first time an idiot glider flier exhibits signs of cockpit distraction on tow, be they a 1 hour or 1000 hour pilot, they need a LOUD and PUBLIC dressing down!!! The consequences of their actions need to be ingrained in their psyche! I will tell you, the idiot who kitted on me by trying to recover his cell phone, has NEVER forgotten what he received from me on that day!
Dan