Old June 5th 20, 01:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Fatal Towplane Accident 5-9-20

On Thursday, 4 June 2020 23:46:37 UTC+1, wrote:
I also forgot to latch the canopy once, but it has a forward hinge, so it just rattled a bit. I latched it after releasing from tow. A side hinge canopy should ALWAYS get some fingerprints on the inside of the plexiglass. EVERY TIME! It's a lot easier (and CHEAPER!) to clean off the greasy fingerprints than to hunt down all the shards and pay for a replacement.

Fingerprints might not be necessary

I push up with knuckles of both hands, just next to my head

Any marks are usually out of my view and might even get wiped off by my hat