Old March 27th 21, 03:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Gliding International - "International Accident Report"

Perhaps an email to your state aviation department would help with the
state police.Â* State to them that land outs are non events and, if you
get a good response, print it and carry it in the glider to show.

I just got a response from our officials in response to my query about
landing my gyro plane on county roads in New Mexico.Â* They told me there
was no law or regulation against that and to be careful and have fun.Â*
It goes in the gyro today, before I drag the glider out for a flight.

Dan 5J
On 3/26/21 11:50 AM, Roy B. wrote:
The landout was a complete non-event in a beautiful field. Only reason it was written up was because the troopers showed up and insisted on getting a hold of the FAA, which promptly told them it was the non-event that it was.

Well, we don't expect much knowledge about gliding from the State Police. But I would have expected the editors of Gliding International to at least read over what they are printing and recognize that a perfectly executed landout was not an "accident". And, notice the year "2000" in the title. Should have been "2020". That was also their error on the same page . . .
They are just not editing or even reading their own product, it seems.
ROY