Old February 9th 04, 09:23 PM
John Harlow

"cloudstormer" wrote in message
. nl...

I only once used the Velcrostrip. Then the glue was all over the place and

had a hard time getting it removed.

Then I got hold of a large paperclamp. I use that to mount the Garmin III
using the bracket eactly on the space advised in the owner's manual, under
the compass. The clamp sticks out a bit, but that's not a problem for me.

Interesting you mention this. I was just beginning my evening workout when
I noticed someone had closed my potato chip bag with one of these:

http://www.organize-everything.com/jumchipclip.html

I thought it might be useable as a GPS mount , but it'd be to high for me
and the dashboards of our old planes don't need any more help in the
deterioration department. So, I looked at the "professional" clamps online
and decided a hundred or so dollars was too much to hold a GPS - plus they
are pretty clumsy devices. Besides, I strive for more of a "Red Green"
look...