Old October 1st 03, 04:15 AM
Robert Henry

I thought Mitre was working to answer this very question....

If you want to fly into or out of the DC ADIZ, you have to talk to flight
service. DUATS CANNOT be used to file any flight plan (IFR/VFR) in or out
of the ADIZ.

Frankly, I like the discussion to validate what I think I know about the
weather, and then I ask for a complete list of TFRs and/or any new TFRs for
the route(s) of flight one last time.

"McGregor" wrote in message
link.net...

So... is FSS just there to a) cover your ass in case of an incident

("pilot
called FSS and got a full weather briefing prior to departing into known
icing/TFR/hurricane etc.") b) accept flight plans?