Old September 13th 06, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Lars

Default RT-359A transponder question

Anyone out there who knows the pinout of the rear connector of the ARC
RT-359A transponder? We just got an altitude encoder to go with the
unit (an ACK A-30) in hope for a little better reception from the ATC
when flying in controlled airspace...

The ACK installation manual is fine, giving the pin numbers to connect,
but I don't have the RT-359A manual so I don't know which pin is which.
The connector on the back side of the RT-359A is two staggerd rows of
flat pins, the top one with 12 pins and the bottom one with 11 pins.
There is also two round alignment pins, one on each side of the bottom
row. I haven't got the mounting bracket with the female connector out
yet, maybe the pin numbers are printed on that one, but it is in a
rather awquard place so I don't want to start ripping things apart
until i know how to finish the job.

BTW, the X-ponder is in a Jodel D119, SE-XED.