Old January 31st 08, 01:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ricky

Default GA airports in San Antonio, TX

On Jan 30, 8:46*am, es330td wrote:
On Jan 26, 8:28*am, cpw wrote:

I'm planning a trip from northern Michigan to San Antonio, Texas in
February. *Any suggestions on GA fields in the area? *I fly a C182.
Thanks.

My Dad flies his C182 into KSAT all the time and thinks highly of the
experience. *You have to watch yourself because you'll be landing side
by side with heavies but in the times I flown with him I've never felt
that ATC in any way resented a little plane mixing in with the
commercial traffic.

What is the tiny asphalt airstrip / airport just a stone's throw from
S.A. International? My dad & I used to fly models there and I remember
seeing the traffic coming & going from KSAT while we were there. It
may not be there anymore as it was SO close to KSAT. I'll go look at
an online sectional to see & report back.
Often I was posted as the "airplane guard" while my dad was flying his
models to watch for the real thing approaching the field.

Ricky