View Single Post
Old May 5th 21, 12:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Purists are from Pluto, Motorgliderists are from Mars - #2

On Tuesday, May 4, 2021 at 10:53:32 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Check this out:

The world record that became nothing
On May 4, 1931, 90 years ago, Günther Groenhoff flew in Fafnir from Munich to Kaaden in Czechoslovakia. The distance was 272 km. It was a world record. But since Peter Riedel had towed him up there was no record. At that time, the FAI considered that towing
was cheating. Nevertheless, the flight is considered one of the greatest ever in the sport of gliding.

https://qb3l4gas5xn57xoeestqfmvhgm-a...e-blev-naagot/

Maybe you should be back to ground launches to be truly pure 😘 just messing with you Bob. It's a cool article. Check it out!

Very interesting article JBL, the pilot survived that flight but later died during a winch launch. I haven't heard much from Amos & Andy since they might have gotten word that Old Bob was correct regarding the OLC traces and propulsion, they still seen to alter the narrative and now revert to the FAI and Contest paradigm, sorry boys I never included that in my original statement. Yes Andy, MG'S and Purist should fall into different categories for scoring in OLC, I confirm my statement made early on.
Guess it is time to close this thread out and move on to something more controversial, in the mean time I am in hot pursuit of an ASG29, pure glider, would not have it any other way, see you at X52, or if your motor doesn't start you are certainly welcome at my place, just land go inside the house open the fridge and have a cold beer or bottle water. Old Bob, "The Purist"