Old April 11th 05, 06:19 AM

Dear Carl, And the fine pilot, and gentleman who landed to help Paul
is Fred Hermannspan.

Carl J. Niedermeyer wrote:
In article . com,
wrote:

Paul Pallmer died last year and his brother, John (509-928-6269),

is
trying to find a person who would take Paul's old wrecked glider

and
trailer rather than just selling it all as junk.
It is a wrecked aluminum Prue Super Standard 15M glider. It has a
trailer,instruments,and literature. Pictures of the glider are
available but are not currently attached. The glider hit a post

with
the wing during an outlanding in the 70's. The fuselage nosed in

and
bent, breaking Paul's leg.

I've also sent this information to the Vintage Sailplane group. I

have
some pictures.

Rudy Allemann

Rudy,

I'm sorry to hear about Paul Pallmer's passing. Your post brought

back
some memories. I believe the accident you mention in your post

occurred
during the Region 8 contest held in Redmond, OR in 1980. By
happenstance, another pilot landed in the field next to Paul's at

about
the same time and administered first aid.

We had to move the contest from Ephrata, WA to Redmond, OR that year
because of the eruption of Mt. St. Helens which made Ephrata unusable

due to the ash.

Carl J. Niedermeyer
Everett, WA