Old April 30th 06, 06:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Fuel Prices and their Effect on Your Flying

$3.47 for 100LL? That won't last very long before this batch of gas is
gone and they're taking in another load.

This is what I did this year to cope with the gas price:

* Get the autogas STC for my Grumman AA-5. For the first time ever I
was glad that I had a low compression engine :-)
* Fly at lower power setting for local flights.
* Lean like crazy on those low powered flights. It won't hurt the
engine.
* Fill up autogas whenever I can.
* Invest in engergy related mutual funds. Seriously. Those funds have
gained more than 50% since winter 2004 when I bought them. If I have
to pay more for gas I might as well get even by making money from the
oil companies.

Even autogas at AWO has gone up from $2.62 to $3.12 just in the last
month. I know for those among us that're limited to 100LL this sounds
like a steal!

BTW for the fellow autogas drivers out there, I wrote this planning map
http://www.chouby.com/apps/autogas.html as a public service. Use your
STC and patronize those airports!