Old April 2nd 07, 02:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ken Murphy

Default USAir 'S' Upside Down

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 08:10:48 -0400, "David" wrote:

I guess they must have the money to spend.
My company (should I say the company I work for) did not bother
to change the registration numbers on any of the planes after either
merger/buyout. For years you could spot a former Western or
Pan Am plane in the fleet by its registration number.
Most of those are gone now, but not forgotten.

David

Quite agree with you David. The aircraft of the companies that merged
to form Canadian Airlines kept the former registrations. The ex
Canadian Airlines a/c kept their original registrations, only some
fleet numbers were changed to avoid conflicts when Canadian was merged
into Air Canada.

Ken.