Old April 21st 08, 06:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default SeeYou and wind

Hi Gary,

SeeYou calculates the estimated wind speed and direction by using the drift
while circling (thermaling). If you don't circle it can't estimate the
wind. Could that be the difference in the flight logs?

Paul Remde

"GARY BOGGS" wrote in message
I save my flights on a Colibri and download them into SeeYou and
sometimes it shows the wind and sometimes it doesn't. I flew the
ridge yesterday and made several circles in thermals and you can
easily see that there was wind in those circles. My Ilec said the
wind was 20kts. Can anybody tell me why SeeYou sees the wind and
accurately displays it on some flights and not others?

Gary Boggs

www.nwskysports.com