Old August 20th 08, 03:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Viable alternatives for serious aviation discussion

Dudley Henriques writes:

Remember, you aren't picking this person, I AM!! :-) You won't have any
idea what the reaction will be when you speak.

The implication is pretty clear.

In reality, a lot of people are wise enough to not get into any type of
physical altercation, so you can almost say anything you want with impunity.
But many males can be goaded into physical violence with words alone, if the
words are well chosen. And some jump immediately into violence with any words
at all. Women are more level-headed, as a rule.

Happens every day my friend, and people get away with it every day.

Many men are too macho to file a complaint. Also, when the police are
involved, often both parties go to jail, at least briefly. If guilt can be
determined, one might go away for several years.

Are you telling me you are willing to bet that I couldn't pick someone
from this forum to stand in front of you while you tell them they don't
have the guts to slam you in the chops?

Why would that be difficult?

Hardly. Simply an everyday example of possible consequences vs your
"right" to speak.

With men, the "everyday examples" almost universally involve violence. This
is not a coincidence.