Old March 30th 21, 09:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default Trailer tow from Texas to California

On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 07:52:58 -0600, Dan Marotta wrote:

Don't let life slip away. Make the time! I wish I'd thought of that
when I picked up my LS-6a in Chicago back in around '92...

Agreed.

If you have the time, money and opportunity to do something like a trip
to get your new glider, and there are no obvious downsides, DO IT.

Back in the late 70s, long before learning to fly crossed my horizon, I
had the funds and opportunity to take 10 months off to drive from the UK
to India, walk in the Himalayas, and drive back to the UK. So, I bought a
Landrover and did it. Best time I had in my life.

Just as well I did it when I had the chance in 1977/78, since a year
later, when the Shah was kicked out of Iran, that road closed and never
reopened due to Ayatollahs in Iran, religious wars in Afghanistan and
anarchy in Pakistan.

Making that trip didn't harm or prevent anything I did later, including
learning to fly gliders.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org