Old March 31st 21, 05:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jacques de Rham

Default Trailer tow from Texas to California

Jac,
I may be able to put a bid in for less than those cited (live near San Antonio and planning a road trip with SUV to CA). Would only charge for the part of the cost to drive from the point of my intended destination to your site in CA). However, I don't see your name on the SSA membership list or FAA registry, so feel free to PM me.
Michael

Hi - thanks to all for their responses. This a great community!
I am not sure if I can reply directly form my email or do I have to come back to the google groups page on my browser?
Anyways, Gregoire your trip sounds amaaaazing! Wow what an adventure! I drove my pickup from California to Costa Rica and had an incredible time - this was a lot later though, in 2004.
For Michael, I have not gotten an SSA membership yet. I am relatively new to sailplanes. Do you recommend it? I come from a long paragliding background but recently completed my glider training and got my license. Then I trained more at Williams Soaring Center and got into the ASW 24 there. So now I am purchasing an ASW 28 from Tom in Texas. I should be on the FAA registry as I have a private pilot glider rating. My full name is Jacques de Rham. I would be interested in talking with you more about the tow. I am noticing that the quotes on Uship are coming down every day. Quite a large difference now to the first quote given at the beginning. I am sorry - I am so new to this forum - when you say PM where can I find your email address? Oh wait - is that your full email address? Or is it hiding a portion of it? Or you can email me at or also you can text me at 808-495-5377. Thanks so much!