Old September 28th 07, 07:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
tjd

Default Dual Trim Switches?

On Sep 28, 1:30 pm, "Bob Gardner" wrote:
If the switches are in parallel and one of them develops an internal short
circuit, you will still have trim runway; if they are in series, both must
be closed simultaneously. Sounds like a dumb idea to me, but check with a
mechanic or radio shop for a knowledgeable answer...I'm not sure that I
would expect the Chief Pilot to be the expert on electrical questions.

Bob, I'm curious why you think it's a dumb idea? As far as I know
they are in series and it seems like a fairly clever idea to me since
it greatly reduces the possibility of a malfunctioning switch causing
runaway trim. I'm not sure if it's a solution looking for a problem
or if that's a legitimate concern, but given how simple and cheap it
is to implement, why not?