Old July 14th 03, 07:05 AM
Ernest Christley

Wooduuuward wrote:
Now who said that? Is that yours? I really got a 'kick' out of it.
I'm for computer assisted flight with small voices that say
"hello Dave. Did you check your altimeter Dave? Dave . . .
you're too low, Dave "
Computers these days are not expensive. Hooking one
up to an airplanes instruments together with monitoring long and lat
should not be that difficult. My own computer talks at me sometimes
if I forget to close an appl. or something.
I think a new look at how things are done could cheat gravity and leave
a family with a dad.

clare, @, snyder.on, .ca wrote:

Gravity is like the RCMP, always gets it's man.

Watch it. Microsoft will have that damnable paperclip in your airplane,
and it will be just as irritating as it is in the office.

I read somewhere that during the Nam era, the engineers kept adding more
and more 'warning' instrumentation to 'protect' the pilot. It got to
the point where the first job after takeoff was to switch off all the
damn warning systems.

It's easy to say that the ship should give a warning in this instance
because we think there's a possibilty that we have an accurate
speculation as to what happened, and a simple warning would have fixed
the problem. But how many problems can be fixed with a simple warning
given early enough, and how soon would you begin turning off the warner
if it was constantly berating you.

--
----Because I can----
http://www.ernest.isa-geek.org/