Old April 5th 07, 06:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
RST Engineering

Default Please adjust your trim settings.

No, Steve, it is not like .sdrawkcab gnitirw, it is the best way, other
than interspersed posting with spacings on your post, to get a message
across. Agreed, way back when the internet was pretty much gummint and
academia, some of the less enlightened of our brethren and sistren (or the
geeks who thought it kewl) decided that bottom posting was the way to go.
After all, that's how footnotes and bibliographies in "scholarly journals"
are done, so why not usenet too?

Because that's not how normal people respond to things. Normal people want
to see the new stuff first because they have already waded through the prior
postings. A line or two of your prior mesage at the end gets the idea
across. I wouldn't mind if that ONE SINGLE LINE of the prior message were
at the top, but that calls for a lot of self-discipline in trimming that the
vast majority of the denizens of usenet don't have. Yours truly included.
It is a hell of a lot easier to top post and then quote one or two lines to
give the idea of what is being responded to.

Jim

Please, and top post!

.drawkcab gnitirw ekil s'tahT .yllis eb t'noD