Old August 4th 05, 11:46 PM

If you do decide to fly with the Hong Kong club, make sure you contact
them more than a week in advance. They are based out of a PLA Military
airfield and you will need to get a base pass issued to enter the
facility. The club will take care of all of that if you fax them a copy
of your passport far enough in advance to get on the "approved" list
for the weekend. They only fly the fixed wing aircraft on weekends
because that is all that the military will allow. However, they have a
great facility down at the site of the old Kai Tak international
airport in Kowloon where some of the helicopters are based, and flown 7
days a week. Also, their "officers club" type facility is there
complete with restaurant, bar, shop, etc...

I have heard that there is GA somewhere near Shanghai, but I haven't
yet found it on any of my trips there. If you find out where it is
possible to fly, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Thanks,
Eric