Old February 11th 04, 10:43 PM
Mark James Boyd

Dave Houlton wrote:
Jim Harper wrote:

Dave Houlton wrote in message ...

I believe that my parachute will lower me relatively nose-down, and as
such, my legs will protect me to some extent on landing. I feel safer
surrounded by the aluminum and plexiglass than if I were on my own
under canopy, given that I'll likley not be descending into a prepared
drop zone, more likely trees or worse...and I have around 500 sport
parachute and military jumps, so I speak from knowledge there.

Jim

It does help - thanks, Jim! I'm flying club gliders now, but I expect
I'll eventually be an owner - and based on this discussion I'll quite
likely opt for an experimental. It just makes sense to me that if
you're trying to leave yourself an out for when things go Really Bad,
you want that out to be usable in as many phases of flight as possible -
including low on tow or in the pattern. BRS seems like the only game in
town in those situations.

http://brsparachutes.com/PI_saves.mgi