Old February 18th 08, 02:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Experimental LSA gliders?

Hi Gang
Having a LSA power plane and in reviewing the proposed new
experimental certifications (FAA Order 8130.2F) which includes gliders
left me very puzzled. Why would anyone register a glider or motor
glider as an experimental or standard light sport aircraft (LSA)
although 8130.2F specifically includes them? The reason for
registering a power plane as a LSA is that no medical is required,
only a valid driving license, with the caveat that one is never denied
a medical. A glider or motor glider, whether registered as standard or
experimental, does not require the pilot to have a medical PERIOD. So
what am I missing? I am confused! Can anyone educate me please or is
this bureaucratic BS.
Dave