Old February 18th 08, 05:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wayne Paul

Default Experimental LSA gliders?

"Wayne Paul" wrote in message

wrote in message
On Feb 17, 7:13 pm, wrote:

The LSA max cruise speed is limited to 120 knots at any altitude up
to 10k feet msl (LSA rated pilot only) not VNE which is not defined.

Has the unpowered LSA (Glider) regs been change from a VNE limit of 120
Kts? I know powered LSA have a Cruise limit of 120 kts. However, the last
time I checked, LSA (Glider) limit was still a VNE of 120 Kts. Has
reason prevailed a the Vne limit been removed? If so, could you please
give me a reference?

Wayne
HP-14 "6F"
http://www.soaridaho.com/

According to the following link, glider are still limited to a Vne of 120
kts.
http://www.sportpilot.org/learn/sp_rule.pdf

Wayne
HP-14 "6F"