Old February 18th 08, 05:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Marc Ramsey[_2_]

Default Experimental LSA gliders?

wrote:
OK Guys and Gals convince me - give me a single reason, just a
single rational reason to register a glider as a LSA despite the
multitude of reasons not to do so.

I doubt very many Sparrowhawks are legal Part 103 ultralights, most are
quite simply over the weight limitation. Owners of "fat" ultralights
are being "encouraged" to recertify under LSA (though I believe there
was a grace period which may be over, by now). If you're willing to
take your chances on not getting a ramp check involving a scale, then
there probably is no reason to switch.

LSA certification does allow for the manufacture of a two seat training
glider that can be used commercially, without going through a
multi-million dollar certification process. And yes, the 10,000 foot
limitation goes away if the PIC has a private license...

Marc