Old July 23rd 09, 04:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

Default Chuggers-alt, Building the Box Store Bomber

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 20:31:48 -0700 (PDT), Veeduber
wrote:

To All:

I have been storing my engine building information in files intended
for use with home-built airplanes. But engines are pretty much the
same, for airplanes or cars. You're welcome to join but the Chuggers-
alt. file isn't a chat group like we have here. You have to ask
permission to get into them, and any questions go to me and are not
given to the whole group to read unless I think the question will
contribute to the whole.

The point I want to get across is that just because I have to approve
your membership and messages, it's not because I consider myself some
kind of wizard, it's just because that's the way they've got it set up
over there.

-Bob Hoover

you know there are box stores and then there are box stores.
(picking up from your header)
downunder we have Bunnings which is like Home Depot but in green and
white instead of orange and white signs. All the stores even have the
same basic layout as Home Depot.

well where I live we have small amounts of Alaskan Yellow Cedar sold
as pool decking in all of the stores. 1" x 6" planks.sometimes lovely
stuff.
we even see Pawlonia as tongue and groove boards. thats a timber the
kiwis use as an alternative aviation timber.

on the other side of australia, nada. not a single useful aviation
suitable timber in any of the green and white shops I checked.

bland borg like uniformity can certainly vary a lot.

Stealth Pilot