Old June 16th 10, 10:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.travel.air
vaughn[_3_]

Default Co-pilot gets sick, stewardess helps land airplane

"GrtArtiste" wrote in message
On Jun 16, 9:19 am, "Clarence do we have clearance?"
wrote:
Maybe he shouldn't have had the fish. Thank goodness Karen Black was
working the flight!

Given this set of circumstances, what types of assistance would a
commercial-rated pilot be able to offer assuming she is not rated on
this type aircraft? I would guess-communications with ATC primarily.
What else?

Reading checklists aloud, perhaps setting radios & transponder, another set of
eyes looking for traffic.

Of course, what seems to have been left out of this story is that the Captain
was likely perfectly capable of flying the plane all by himself, but still, 1.5
pilots should be slightly safer than 1; particularly if the Captain and the
Copilot ate the same meal!.

Vaughn