Old May 5th 15, 03:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
howard banks

Default Cockpit Size and Comfort

Standard Cirrus was probably the most comfortable and commodious I have ever flown. Pik 20 was nearly as good and large. ASW-20B was comfortable but a lot tighter. 27 is tighter still, but I have no problems flying a long time. Just need to be well organized with where everything is before takeoff.
Before buying arrange to sit in whatever it is for an extended time. Preferably on the trailer dolly so that you can see what fun it is to pull the gear up and put it down. And to waggle all other items. Spoiler handles can end up trapped by pants' leg. Imagine trying to take a pee, or get sandwich out of pocket. Can you reach the panel when sitting in a position where you will not constantly be bashing head on canopy.
Try it all out before exchanging hard earned gold.
PS: Yes Grob is large but it is a flying tank ...

On Sunday, May 3, 2015 at 8:04:57 AM UTC-6, Mike Rinaldi wrote:
I am looking to purchase a new (to me) XC ship. Which ones have the largest/roomiest cockpit? Not for a tall person, one with broad shoulders, about 5'9 and 200lbs. Discuss and Thank you in advance!