Old December 20th 05, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Showing metal at 1,100 hours

Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe wrote:
Rust might end up in the oil analysis, but I don't see how some

surface rust
from the bores would end up as metal shavings in the filter. (If I recall
correctly, that's what you found, right?) :-(

We have fine metal partices - where from we don't know. How surface
rust from the bores would appear in the filter? I don't know. What
would you expect to see in such a situation?

Does a Maule come with a Tost or Schweizer hook as an option? (And I don't
mean on the tail end...)
;-)

No hook but it has such a attention getting glide ratio that I think
I'll wait to get the vibrator fixed. Actually I do have some 2-22 time....