Old December 16th 05, 09:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default UK Gliding schools

Can anyone tell me where I can do an "intensive" gliding course in the UK?
I'm not quite solo, but since changing jobs I cannot get the time for the
"final push" to solo - the majority of my time in the air has been during
weekdays, sadly no longer an option.

If I can get an intensive week of flying, I'm sure I'd be solo at the end of
it (and so is my instructor....)

I'm based in the south-east. My club isn't open all week, and the facility
doesn't really exist for booked sessions - it's a "turn up and put your name
on the list" club; I like this, but it means I can (and have) stand around
/ run launch point for hours to get a 10 minute flight.

I'd prefer residential, although if the club is close to home then obviously
it won't be necessary. I like the club I'm with, so this would have to be on
a temporary membership for the duration. I just need the time in the air
and get the solo badge!

I'm experienced in winch launching in a K-13; any club that can offer the
same or similar would obviously be the best option.

Any ideas?