Old September 4th 04, 04:04 PM
Aviv Hod

Iwan Bogels wrote:

Yep, it did. It just showed how many people are interested in the subject.

I understand Dudley's point of view, but I see things differently. No
problem, that's why we live in a free world.

And in case you are in doubt about my intentions, check
http://www.dappa.nl/photos.htm to see the work that I produce myself. I am
pretty sure that an ex-demonstration pilot like Dudley knows how to
appreciate that.

All the best from the Netherlands,

Iwan Bogels
DAPPA

Iwan, your aviation photography is top notch - really beautiful stuff,
and it is apparent that you have a love for aircraft and aviation. What
I think Dudley takes issue with is context - you provided none. Not in
your original post, and not on your web page.

I think it's important to acknowledge that in some of these accidents
good people lost their lives or were hurt, and that this should be kept
in mind when watching this. If you put this stuff up on your website,
you have to accept that some people will download this and completely
miss the grave implications of what they are watching. So I think it
will be helpful if you provide a framework of why you are sharing these
videos if you don't want people to misinterpret what you are doing. I
happen to think, like Jay Honeck, that there is nothing wrong with
putting up a bunch of aviation crash videos on your web site in and of
itself. But if it's in the context of "here, check out these COOL
videos!!!" you'll upset people, and rightly so. Flesh out some more
context and make your intentions clearer, and you'll do better.

Having said that, in my own aviation video gallery
http://www.avivhod.com/gallery/AviationVideos
I decided that it's too difficult to convey the right message when
posting aviation crash videos, so I avoided posting them. Other people
can do that, but I decided that it's not for me.

Blue Skies,
Aviv