Old September 4th 04, 04:41 PM
F.L. Whiteley

US tax dollars at work and play

but also shows the risk and sacrifice of eternal diligence in the defense of
freedom

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
No...you're not the least bit interested in flight safety, and you'll
never sell that line to me in a million years.

What, precisely, do you see wrong with viewing aircraft crashes for

reasons
other than flight safety?

Humans are fascinated with video-taped accidents of ALL kinds, simply
because they are so rare. The ability to capture an accident on video,

for
later viewing, is one of the true marvels of the last 100 years.

Personally, I view aviation videos for the thrill, as well as for any
"flight safety" aspects I may glean from them. Quite frankly, the odds of
my obtaining any useful information from watching an F-4 bolt over the

side
of an aircraft carrier are almost nil -- but that doesn't make watching

the
video any less fascinating.
--
Jay Honeck