Old January 22nd 20, 06:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Senna Van den Bosch

Default A different look

Op woensdag 22 januari 2020 19:45:05 UTC+1 schreef Jonathon May:
At 16:14 22 January 2020, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Jonathon May wrote on 1/22/2020 3:46 AM:
At 01:58 22 January 2020, Robert Seccombe SE3 wrote:
Nick,

I wanted something other than white too. I went with an off

white
cream
with dark blue trim.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Qwykw0Wzw2PACDgi9-
QvyeKUcvgCgS07/view?usp=sharing

On a sunny day run your hand over the paint /white interface and
feel the temperature difference.

If you had ever been there when some one couldn't close the

canopy
because of the expansion differences you wouldn't risk a colour
anywhere near the cockpit.

Wouldn't the higher temperature cause by the color expand the

cockpit, and
make it
easier to latch the canopy?

email

me)

https://sites.google.com/site/motorg...ions/download-

the-guide-1

Not sure why the canopy will not lock but I have seen it happen too
often for it to be a myth.
I think the grp shrinks with heat and the canopy expands

But you can defiantly feel the temperature difference between colour
and white

This does happen quite often. Not so sure about paint, but a friend of mine owns an Arcus T. On a hot day, he uses a bucket of water and a towel to lower the temperature of the canopy, or else it won't close.