Old May 5th 06, 09:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Polarized Instrument Display

Rick wrote:
I recently bought some new polarized prescription glasses and have found
that when I look directly at the display screen on my LX5000, I can't see
anything. I can see it better if I turn my head and look obliquely at it
(not really practical). I suspect the screen has a polarization on the
surface and somehow it is reacting with the polarization on my glasses.

I have the same problem with my LX-5000.

I've tried 3 pairs of polarized glasses with the same result. But I
recently got a pair of non-polarized sunglasses just for flying. Life
is better...

Jeremy