Old July 1st 06, 05:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Jose[_1_]

Default VFR on top question

Doesn't /G nullify the MRA?

I'd suspect so John, EXCEPT if I have to join a victor highway via VOR or
intersection via VOR radials especially if scenario two panned out with a
hot MOA.

MRA is minimum RECEPTION altitude, presumably for the primary navaid.
It's primarily a physics thing, not a legal thing. GPS is not the
primary navaid, but can substitute, so you can navigate (even on the
ground) using GPS along VOR radials or Victor Airways.

I don't know the answer to the original question though.

Jose
--
The monkey turns the crank and thinks he's making the music.