Old January 18th 09, 06:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.disasters.aviation,rec.arts.poems
Bertie the Bunyip[_28_]

Default Airliner crashes into Hudson River after LGA departure

"Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote in
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"RST Engineering" wrote in
m:

One of the things that helped him make that decision was that he had
hundreds, if not thousands of "dead stick landings" as a flight
instructor, glider.

Jim
CFIG

Well, I wouldn't say there was much of a decision to be made, myself.
no thrust and all that. Glider instructor woudl have helped him
control the airplane OK.

Well you wouldn't say a lot of things, if they didn't serve to primp
your own ego.

Was chattin with an A320 driver last night and he told me the
airplane's
flight controls would have gone into a a law that the crew weren't
used to as a result of the power loss ( unless they hade the APU
running which is not likely) making the handling less than intuitive
for him. Bertie

You hear a lot of voices, don't you? Check back in when (if) you sober
up.

Awww, drinkin lames!

how kewt!

Good for you Maxie, you just keep pluggin away there.

Bertie