Old November 11th 09, 09:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

Default I am in the market for a new glider again

On Nov 11, 1:09*pm, glider25 wrote:
Hi guys,

I am in the market for a new glider again. *I am currently flying a
Genesis 2 (2013) with a partner. *I am looking for a glider for myself
to start competing a little more. *I am looking at the following
gliders and would appreciate some input:

PIK20D - wing mold profile problem
Ventus A and B - I easily fit in the A 5'10 150lbs - may not be in
price range
ASW 20 - not much wrong but still expensive
DG 300 - standard ship but not bad performance

I am not a high time pilot but have 700 hrs in a hang glider, 600 hrs
in private plane (complex single) and about 130 in a glider. *I have
quite a few flights over 300k one flight of 500k in the Genesis.

Jeff Runciman

For the $$ the best price/performance/handling is the LS-3. Talk to
JJ he has one for sale.

The ASW 20 is great if modified with good winglets, same for the
Ventus A
and B. If most of your flying will be dry or ridges go with the ASW
20, if western running with water the Ventus is a good choice.

The PIK is a good ship but different and will be harder to sell and
the wing suffers in wet conditions.

The DG 300 is nice but does not perform as well as the LS-4 and Discus
and usually is higher in price than the performance would suggest for
racing.

My $0.02