Old November 11th 09, 09:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T8

Default I am in the market for a new glider again

On Nov 11, 3:09*pm, glider25 wrote:
Hi guys,

I am in the market for a new glider again. *I am currently flying a
Genesis 2 (2013) with a partner. *I am looking for a glider for myself
to start competing a little more. *I am looking at the following
gliders and would appreciate some input:

PIK20D - wing mold profile problem
Ventus A and B - I easily fit in the A 5'10 150lbs - may not be in
price range
ASW 20 - not much wrong but still expensive
DG 300 - standard ship but not bad performance

I am not a high time pilot but have 700 hrs in a hang glider, 600 hrs
in private plane (complex single) and about 130 in a glider. *I have
quite a few flights over 300k one flight of 500k in the Genesis.

Jeff Runciman

Check out asw-20 owners yahoo group for info on '20s. A community of
several hundred nice, enthusiastic, mostly knowledgeable people and
one old sorehead (who is less enthusiastic, but still knowledgeable).

Hard to provide specific input in response to very general inquiry.

DG, PIK suitable for handicap comps. Ventus and 20 can be competitive
in 15m at regional level. Ventus and 20 are very different despite
similar performance. You should understand differences before you
buy! Advance warning... you'll run into a certain "Ford vs. Chevy"
bias here. For any glider... and especially an old glider...
understand what support is available (and what isn't) if/when you
need help.

-Evan Ludeman / T8 (ASW-20B)