Old January 11th 10, 02:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BT

Default U.S. FAA Certificate Replacement Problem

either that or get the CFIG to put the endorsement in the logbook at your
next flight review.
BT

"TDixon" wrote in message
I checked with my local FAA office regarding the endorsement issue
since the ones who did mine are deceased, they told me to keep my old
paper certificate with my log books.

Tom

On Jan 10, 2:09 pm, "BT" wrote:
Now that you have had the "Aero Tow" removed from your certificate,
Be sure to get the endorsement added to your logbook. :)

Granted 61.31(J)(2) says that a rating issued before 1997 is considered to
be incompliance.
But your new certificate will have a 2010 date of issue.
There should be a log book entry for your initial glider check ride signed
by the examiner or DPE that should cover it.

BT

"Frank" wrote in message

I recently tried to use the FAA's online procedure for replacing my
paper certificates with the required plastic ones. I had no trouble
at all with my Ground Instructor and Parachute Rigger tickets, but the
site refused to let me replace my Commercial license, citing error #
214.

After some digging around, I found that the problem was the presence
of the 'Aerotow' launch type next to my glider rating. Apparently the
FAA no longer includes launch type on the glider rating, and the
automated process wasn't smart enough to simply remove it.

I wound up calling the FAA Airman Certificate Office at (866)
878-2498, waiting interminably until I got to an actual human, who
then immediately removed the rating(s) from my record. Then I was
able to go through the web process, pay my $2.00 via credit card, and
get my plastic certificate.

Note that if you call the ACB and select menu choice 1 -- 2
("Information regarding replacement of your airman certificate...."),
you will suffer through a long explanation, and then be directed to
the FAA website, without ever having the opportunity to talk to a
human. You must instead choose 1 -- 1 ("Info concerning date of
issue currently being processed..."), suffer through the interminable
wait, and then tell the human what you want.

TA