Old August 14th 18, 03:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Need Help

Get it inspected and fly it!Â* I just flew a Cessna 182 from Sandia East
Airpark (east of Albuquerque) to Yoder, KS (Sunflower Aerodrome) for a
friend who had retired and moved.Â* The plane had not been flown for 12
years before that flight.Â* Have another adventure or hire someone else
to fly it.

On 8/13/2018 8:39 PM, Bob Youngblood wrote:
On Monday, August 13, 2018 at 10:00:41 PM UTC-4, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
I was thinking the same. Crop dusters migrate from down south to up north each year. They don't disassemble and ship.
Granted, this is assuming the plane if currently flyable and current. One way airline ticket north, then a few days flying back to FL.
Probably cheaper and easier to do that.

Thanks guys for all the wisdom of flying the Pawnee back to Florida, I did that about 18 months ago from North Platte, Nebraska, only three weeks after a total knee replacement. If I were 100 percent certain about the ole girl I would fly it back myself. Bob

--
Dan, 5J