Old September 3rd 19, 05:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

Default Need Another Cobra Trailer Wheel

Chip,

They were on the trailer when I bought the plane. I have made many trips across the country without any issues. I believe the dish of the wheels is deeper so it does not add significant extra load on the bearing. I run a lower profile radial so the tire is roughly the same diameter as the original. The lower profile means there is less stress on the sidewalls and I can run a standard passenger tire. I replace the tires about every six to seven years as preventative maintenance to avoid blowouts on the road. I like the wider tread and stability the rims give.

Tim