Old July 11th 03, 08:45 PM
Richard Brooks

"Alan Dicey" wrote in message
SSNBuff wrote:
Just saw the movie 633 Squadron and was wondering: Were those all

genuine
Mosquitos? Or were some actually models? Some of the attack schemes

seemed to
be models since they flew a little strangely.

How many Mosquitos are still flying?

Dean

From B. Fillery's Mosquito page

http://www.home.gil.com.au/~bfillery/mossie.htm

There is a page with the following movie information on it:

633 Squadron. - 1964
RAF- Cliff Robertson; Mosquito bombers attack heavy water plant. Filmed
at ex-RAF Bovingdon, with 3 CAACU DH Mosquito TT.Mk.35's

Total of 11 Mossies, 5 were flyable, including:

* T.Mk.3 TW117 (Calif.)
* T.Mk.3 TV954 (Duxford)
* T.Mk.3 TJ118 ground scenes (cockpit Moss Mus.)

The rear fuselage section might still be with a guy I knew who was building
a spitfire and who lived in Kidlington, Oxon. Can't remember his name as
I'm getting drunk right now!

[snipped]

Q. Are there any Mosquitos still flying?
Q. When will the next Mosquito fly?

A. Unfortunately at the moment there are no Mosquitos left in flying
condition. The last example, a T.III, RR299, crashed at Barton in the UK
on 21st July 1996 killing both aboard. For images of RR299 before she
crashed, please see the 'donated images' page.

What happened to the Mosquito that Kermit Weeks acquired as I remember it
flying over my flat in Oxford, it having been fitted with wing tanks after
the RAF Abingdon air show and on its ferry flight ?

Richard.