Old December 28th 04, 04:50 AM
Robert M. Gary

G.R. Patterson III wrote:
"Robert M. Gary" wrote:

a volt reader in the panel.

According to AC 43.13-1A -- "The voltage drop in the main power wires

from the
generation source or the battery to the bus should not exceed 2

percent of the
regulated voltage, when the generator is carrying rated current or

the battery
is being charged at the 5-minute rate. The following tabulation shows

the
maximum acceptable voltage drop in the load circuits between the bus

and the
utilization equipment."

It's interesting that if I take the alternator and regulator to the
bench I can hold 100amp without dropping below 14v. I guess the
in-airplane application is a lot different than the bench environement.
-Robert