Old September 1st 05, 02:51 PM
Jay Honeck

I would have been in my plane/van/car/whatever, aimed north...

Right. Like the guy with one leg that had to be carried for blocks to get
into the Superdome. How far north you reckon he would've gotten?

George, the people in the Superdome were the *smart* ones.

I'm not talking about them. I'm referring to folks who -- in the face of
overwhelming evidence of impending doom -- decided to "sit it out" in homes
along the Mississippi and Alabama coastlines. They were underneath a giant
bull's eye that everyone in the world could see on live TV -- yet they chose
(and yes, it *was* a choice) to "leave it in the Lord's hands." (That's a
direct quote from a woman I heard on CNN several days ago...)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA