Old July 3rd 07, 02:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc[_4_]

Default What a sight...and what a sound

Exactly, he was doing his (volunteer) job. However, there's a difference
between "excuse me, could I ask where you're going?", and "Hey you- where
are you going?"

He had no authority, and probably actually didn't belong on the airport
himself- no plane or hangar on the field, and no airport ID. He probably had
a lot less right to be there than I did.

Still, it was a beautiful day, and hopefully the 6-7,000 folks who saw the
B-17 actually fly enjoyed the experience. Although it was irksome, one bozo
won't ruin the memory.