Old February 28th 04, 04:30 AM
Admin

"Gord Beaman" wrote in message
"Admin" wrote:

"Tosser" wrote in message

"Admin" wrote in message

Why can't a B-1 go straight up (for however short a time)?...if
it can do a 60 deg attitude then are you telling us that it
cannot go another 30 deg?....why not?...

Power to weight.

According to the story, all that mass was going *supersonic*, FFS.

You don't lose that amount of inertia in the blink of an eye .....

No but going completely vertical at the blink of an eye, you do lose your
wings.

WTF does that mean?...you didn't go to 60 degrees instantly did
you?...why must you go to 90 instantly?...

I just like to have two good wings on any AC I happen to be on at the time.
There is enough escapes on the B-1 but not on all AC. But I guess we need
to be overtaxing our Airframes on a daily basis so we can test them out once
in awhile.