Old February 28th 04, 04:42 AM
gizmo-goddard

"Admin" wrote in message

"Tank Fixer" wrote in message
k.net...
In article ,
on Fri, 27 Feb 2004 18:44:04 GMT,
"Gord Beaman" ) "Gord Beaman" )
attempted to say .....

"Admin" wrote:

The fact remains that the B-1B is not designed for
a 90 degree vertical unless you like smacking the ground and

spreading
yourself over a country mile.

Don't let's get all silly here...we're talking generalities and
I think most posters here seem to think (me too) that any a/c can
go vertical if even for a short time. There may be some with
particular reasons why they can't but in general they all can.

This makes sense to me. And as Judge Judy says "If it makes sense
to me then it's true!"

The B52 wasn't designed for low level penetration operations.

But then those SAC crews must have been wrong all those years for
practicing it....

Just what do you know about the B-52? You are an Army Guard. Let me
introduce another of the us.military.army 404k00ks.

In a Red Flag years back, a friend of mine flying a TARPS hop at 500 AGL and
480 knots had a B-52 fly *under* him on his way to a target. At least that
was his story. I'd call that
low-level.

__!_!__
Gizmo